Archive for the ‘Announcements’ Category
We are back with some more happy news! Our next Creative Team member spreads joy throughout the stamping community - through her kindness, her enthusiasm for stamping, and her passion for… coffee! Please help us welcome the Pacific Northwest’s own Amy Tsuruta!
Hello! My name is Amy Tsuruta and I live in the lovely state of Washington. I’m absolutely thrilled to be a part of the Hero Arts Creative Team! I’ve been blogging for almost 8 years and love every minute of it. I’m happy to be a part of an awesome paper crafting community filled with wonderfully talented & kind people. This month we become empty nesters, both of my kids are college students. I work part-time at a Seattle start up biotech company. My free time is spent in my craft room or flying with my fiance in a RV-9a airplane.
The stamp Amy used on this card was an exclusive we made for a class Kelly Purkey taught at Impress in Seattle. You can see a photo of Amy and Kelly together on Amy’s blog.
Welcome to the team, Amy!
Excitement is in the air these days at Hero Arts! Next week we’ll be launching our brand spankin’ new website (which we know you’re just going to love!). And to keep our new blog filled with creative ideas, this week we’re expanding our team! We’re thrilled that Yana Smakula and Mariana Grigsby will continue to inspire us with their beautiful creations! And four amazing new stampers will join them on our new Hero Arts Creative Team!
Today we introduce the wonderfully sweet and talented Clare Prezzia! We’ve been wanting Clare on our team for quite some time now. We’ve loved all of her creations she’s shared in the Hero Arts Flickr Pool, and she’s no stranger to winning our challenges! We initially invited her to join us a year ago, but she was off to study abroad in Europe. Now she’s back, and we’ve kept her seat warm!
I’m a pretty silly Catholic lady with awesome parents, eight nutty siblings, two practically perfect in-laws (going on three!), one adorable nephew and two nieces. Family is a BIG part of my life - it’s actually really hard for me to talk to new people without 89.43% of the conversation on my part being about my family’s crazy exploits. I’m currently studying Communication Arts at Franciscan University of Steubenville, and when I’m not studying or making cards, I’m either procrastinating, baking delectable morsels of deliciousness, playing the ol’ geetar, or messing around with a few of my siblings.
Welcome to the team, Clare!
Hi everyone! We have some information to share with you as we approach the launch of our new website on September 1st. With this transition, there will be many exciting new features. At the same time, some old features will be going away, and sadly, the accounts used for favorites and wishlists on the current site are not something we can import. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
For those of you who would like to preserve your favorites from our current site, we suggest any of the following options prior to September 1st:
- Pin your favorite ideas on a dedicated Pinterest board.
- Save the photos to a folder on your computer.
- Print the project page with supplies and instructions (look for the paper icon next to the heart, shown below.)
- To save paper, you could also screenshot the project page with supplies and instructions and save it to your computer.
We look forward to sharing even more inspiration with you on the new heroarts.com!
Many thanks to everyone who commented and shared in the excitement of our new website launch announcement last week! And a big Hero Arts welcome to those of you who are now newsletter subscribers, Instagram followers, and Facebook friends — we’re so happy to have opportunity to connect with you!
We have a boat load of winners to announce so we’re going to need a BIG drumroll this time. Here we go…! Congratulations to the following 12 winners, who have each won a $50 shopping spree to the current Hero Arts Online Store:
- #57 Cindy C. (August 13th, 2015 at 5:17 am) - Congrats on the new look!! This is so exciting, looking forward to the big launch!! I ALREADY ‘like’ Hero Arts on Facebook!!
- #896 Robyn Trimble (August 14th, 2015 at 1:34 pm) - I have been an email subscriber for a long time & enjoy each one I get.
- #438 Marie Weisbrod (August 13th, 2015 at 4:30 pm) - I like and follow on Facebook!
- #967 Nicole Parmentier (August 15th, 2015 at 2:16 am) - I always try to find Hero Arts in local shops in the Netherlands but it is hard to get here. Online I shop directly or via Simon Says Stamp.
- #52 Susanne V. said (August 13th, 2015 at 5:13 am) - Have been following Hero Arts on Instagram for a long time! Exciting news!
- #304 karenladd (August 13th, 2015 at 12:16 pm) - Already LIKE you on FB as karenladd
- #859 Marcy H. (August 14th, 2015 at 10:19 am) - I am already a “liker” on FB, I receive your newsletter, I usually get Hero Arts at local scrapbook store, or online on occasion. Looking forward to the new site and products for the holiday season!!
- #200 conil (August 13th, 2015 at 8:34 am) - Shop for Hero products at Scrapbook.com, Simon Says, Ellen Hutson, Amazon, The Stamp Art Shoppe in Citrus Heights, CA.
- #562 Karen Haworth (August 13th, 2015 at 8:40 pm) - I follow you on Facebook, Instagram and newsletter just to make sure I don’t miss out on anything. I get my Hero Arts supplies from local stores and online.
- #825 Fran Weinberg (August 14th, 2015 at 8:06 am) - I’m subscribed to your newsletter; been getting it for years. Can’t wait to see the new and improved website. Thanks Hero Arts!
- #319 Janet Cobb (August 13th, 2015 at 12:34 pm) - I get my Hero Arts fixes mostly online, but also at Michaels.
- #684 Rubina Pantoja (August 14th, 2015 at 3:44 am) - I am already a subscriber. The sneak peak is awesome - I am excited about the facelift!
Woohoo! Winners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your codes. Remember, these shopping sprees can be redeemed before the current store closes on August 31st, so the sooner you’re able to respond, the better.
Thank you again for sharing in the excitement. T-minus 15 days until the new site launches!
Have you heard? The Hero Arts website is getting a whole new look September 1st. We can’t wait to share it all with you. Soon…very soon!
In anticipation of the website makeover, we thought it would be fun to host a challenge with that same theme in mind. So starting today and continuing through September 20th, we invite you to give one of your old projects a makeover. Take a trip down memory lane, select an existing project as inspiration, and change it up somehow to create a new project. Change it a little or a lot…it’s totally up to you! The most important thing is to have fun in the process.
- All project types are welcome — cards, tags, scrapbook pages, mixed media, DIY projects, etc.
- Please use at least one Hero Arts stamp, die, or digital image on each project you submit.
- We’d love to see photos of both your old (before) and new (after) projects.
- BIG PRIZES! At the conclusion of the challenge, we will select four winners (three of our favorite projects; one randomly chosen) and award each a $50 Hero Arts Online Store shopping spree with free shipping. Winners will be able to select any products offered in the new online store (coming September 1st!)
Ready to join the fun? Enter up to five different projects, now through September 20, 2015, by adding your new project links below via the InLinkz tool. (Look for the blue “Add Your Link” button.)
We’re over the moon to announce the launch of a brand new Hero Arts website, coming September 1st!
Our team has been working hard behind the scenes to bring you an enhanced heroarts.com experience. Get ready for…
- A sleek, modern look
- A new shop with faster shipping, chock full of the newest Hero Arts products (including the 2015 Holiday Collection!)
- Did we mention FREE shipping on qualified orders?
- Loads of creative ideas and techniques to keep you inspired
And that’s just the beginning!
Would you like a little sneak peek? We thought you might…
We can’t wait to show you even more. If you’re following us on social media you’ll be able to see additional pre-launch peeks in the coming days.
To celebrate the upcoming launch, we have a BIG stack of $50 shopping spree promo codes to the Hero Arts Online Store to give away — a dozen of them, to be exact! These shopping sprees can be redeemed before the current store closes on August 31st.
You can to enter to win one of these twelve $50 shopping sprees in multiple ways! Pick as many of these as you wish and leave a separate comment below this blog post for each:
- Follow Hero Arts on Instagram (Counts as one entry; leave a comment on this blog post and let us know you became an Instagram follower, or if you are already following.)
- Like Hero Arts on Facebook (Counts as one entry; leave a comment on this blog post and let us know you that you liked our Facebook page, or if you are already a “liker”.)
- Sign up to receive any of our newsletters (Counts as one entry; leave a comment on this blog post and let us know you subscribed or if you already subscribe.)
- Tell us where you shop for Hero Arts products. (Counts as one entry; leave your answer as a comment on this blog post.)
That’s up to four entries total per person. Comments received by Saturday, August 15th at 11:59pm PST will be entered into the giveaways. Twelve winners will be drawn at random and announced on the blog on Monday, August 17th. Good luck!
We invite you to join us for our new site launch party starting September 1st. T-minus 19 days and counting. It’s going to be a blast!
Now through August 17, enjoy 10% off the entire Lia Griffith Collection in our online shop!
Have you tried the pigment ink cubes from Lia’s collection? They provide beautiful coverage and bright, crisp impressions every time. Choose from Color Lights, Color Brights, or Color Jewels. You can see several colors in action on this happy card Kelly created.
Wrapping a gift? Lia’s floral dies allow you to create gorgeous, dimensional paper flowers that you can use in place of traditional bows. And how about DIY wedding projects? These are perfect. Click here to check out tutorials for all four varieties.
We can’t get enough of these 6×6 Bold Prints background stamps Lia designed. They’ve quickly become staples. You’ll find five different backgrounds in the shop, from arrows and flowers to woodgrain and dots.
And that’s just 12 of the 28 products included in the sale! There’s so much more to see, so be sure to check it all out right here in the shop. No code is required for this sale.
Happy creating and happy weekend, everyone!
Thank you to everyone who joined us during our week of holiday catalog sneak peeks! Earlier today we unveiled the 2015 Holiday Collection in full — you can see it all right HERE. The new holiday stamps and accessories begin shipping to stores the week of August 3rd. It won’t be long!
Without further ado, onto our giveaway winners! Congratulations to our five randomly chosen winners who will each receive a $25 shopping spree to the Hero Arts Online Store:
- Sheryl C (Comment #300 on July 14th, 2015 at 6:19 pm) - “Love the layering stamps. These are going to be fun to work with on making cards. Can’t wait for the rest of the ‘peeks’ this week.”
- Tess Hackett (Comment #29 on July 14th, 2015 at 5:40 am) - “That red ombré ink pad looks delicious! I saw the green on Pintrest and had to pin it to my wishlist. They will make fabulous Christmas cards!”
- Lanae (Comment #122 on July 17th, 2015 at 8:44 am) - “Can’t wait to see the new release!”
- Andi Walsh (Comment #17 on July 16th, 2015 at 4:39 am) - “Uh oh… I am a sucker for all things house related!!!! Gingerbread houses? xoxoxoxoxo!!!! Love these!”
- Kelly Flaherty (Comment #94 on July 17th, 2015 at 7:06 pm) - “Anything by Kelly Purkey is sure to be a sellout!”
Winners, please claim your prizes by contacting us at email@example.com.
Thank you again for commenting on our sneak peeks and for sharing in the excitement of the new holiday release. Have a great day!
Hi there! We’re popping in quickly between all of the holiday sneak peek goodness to share the winners of last week’s giveaway. Before doing so, we want to shout out a BIG THANKS to our passionate-about-paper readers who took time to share thoughts about paper collections with us. Your feedback is so valuable as we plan for future product releases and aim to bring you products you’ll enjoy using. Thank you! And now, for the love of paper, it’s time to announce our two $25 shopping spree winners…
- Debbie Vasel - Comment #18 on July 9th, 2015 at 6:42 am
- Gerrina - Comment #105 on July 10th, 2015 at 5:42 am
Congratulations! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prizes.